Human Powered Systems
Is it possible for one human to make a difference in the world? Those of us in the Human Powered Systems Research Group at the BESD Lab believe it is! We explore how the power of individuals can be leveraged to create a wide array of benefits for humanity.
Imagine the following scenarios:
- Travelers getting a few extra minutes of exercise and charging their electronics with power-generating bikes in airports around the world
- Reducing stress and generating energy at a government office during your long wait by pedaling for a few minutes
- Pumping out a mile or two while your significant other is shopping at a mall or store that just doesn’t get you excited
- And many more!
There are limitless possibilities for where we can apply this technology, and we invite you to use your imagination for when, where, and how to take advantage of human power. Send us an email at email@example.com with your ideas! Your ideas and our research could provide some of the following benefits:
- Health benefits – Exercise will keep people more healthy, which will lower insurance and medical costs, as well as increasing human productivity
- Economic benefits – Lots of positive press and advertising can be generated for companies
- Awareness benefits – People will become more aware of their energy usage, which will lead to energy-saving behaviors that will have a huge impact on society
- And more!